Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Life is Now Complete

Rumor has it that in addition to my beloved Sephora, a Trader Joe's is coming to town. So not only will I be able to hop on over to the mall and get my Nars Orgasm blush (that's a real shade, allegedly gives you that post-coital "flush"), I will be able to get Pirate's Booty WHENEVER I WANT. Now I did combine the words orgasm and pirate's booy in one sentence, but before you go all Captain Jack Sparrow fantasy on me, know that Pirate's Booty is a tasty cheese curl-ish snack that I happen to adore. Now the only store left that we need for me to never have to leave the county (for shopping purposes) is an IKEA, so I'm working on that. Sephora, Trader Joe's, Pottery Barn, Target and IKEA in one county (that is not a major metropolitan area) would certainly be a miracle, but trust me, I am a believer.


And as much as I LOVE the Pottery Barn Outlet, we had a near tragic shopping incident as a result of Pottery Barn Outlet that I just managed to rectify tonight. We've been drooling over the Pottery Barn Bedford Modular Desk collection in the catalog for quite some time now, knowing that it would work well in our new home office. A few months ago we started stalking the Outlet for some pieces of the set. We decided on the "mahogany" stain because it would blend flawlessly with our mahogany paneled office. One afternoon we giddily bought about half of the pieces that we needed (4 pieces)at 70 % off, thinking that we could stalk the outlet for the rest of the pieces and buy the rest from the catalog if need be. Well, a few weeks later I go online to check the prices of the remaining pieces and THEY HAVE DISCONTINUED THE MAHOGANY STAIN. Ouch. I was starting to panic when my hair stylist (and close friend from high school) just so happens to mention that she has three of the remaining four pieces that we need and she wants to get rid of them because they do not fit well in her new house. GLORY, GLORY, GLORY!!!! What are the chances? So now all we need is one freaking file cabinet. I call the PB Outlet every day for weeks. I stalk Ebay, Craigslist, the whole of the internet. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. So tonight I'm checking out a new website that I may start writing a blog for (www.ecoupons.com) and I check out what they have for Pottery Barn. I link to the PB clearance sale and it takes me right to the Bedford Collection in the mahogany stain. How could I have possibly missed that between my exhaustive internet searches and calls to the catalog people???? Regardless, our set is now complete and I can sleep easy tonight. I can't wait to finally have a real home office! I will post pics when we get it finished. Whew!!

No comments: