Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yard Sale

Some of my sanity has now been restored! The yard sale was a total pain in the butt, but we did get rid of a lot of stuff and I feel very "cleansed." The kids clothes were a big hit and we only had one hard-core cheapo who tried to talk me into selling her a ton of gorgeous clothes for nothing and I wasn't having it. Two bucks for a beautiful dress in excellent condition is a ridicuous deal and "NO" I will not take a dollar. Geesh. Everything left over we donated to Good Will and I spent yesterday *almost* getting my house back in order.

The bathroom demo is over, if you can believe it. In three days two full bathrooms (and a walk in closet) were completely gutted to the studs. They found newspaper in with the insulation from 1956 (the year the house was built) with articles about Elvis! Right now they're tearing up the floors and rerouting plumbing and air vents. I took some pics but haven't had a chance to upload them yet. I'm so excited to have a new master bathroom!

No comments: