Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year






Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! And even though it's not "technically" fall yet, I'm getting geared up for Halloween. Today I booked our annual hayride/bonfire at Funk's Farm and ordered costumes for the kids. After that we'll hit Christy's awesome pumpkin party and then it's off to the York Halloween Parade. Sitting in a folding chair along the street to watch cheesy floats, marching bands and homecoming queens?? BRING IT. LOVE IT. Georgia wasn't too agressive last year when people threw candy from the floats, so we'll have to have her primed in advance this year. Then when it's all over and you've come back down from that hardcore candy high, you still have Thanksgiving and Christmas coming in rapid succession. It's not like that depressing breakdown you have after the Christmas build up and realize that you have nothing to look forward to except three cold, dark months of winter, especially when those cold dark months also happen to coincide with basketball season (i.e. basketball widow) AND your fair weathered snowbird mom abandons you. I think I need to start a petition to move Christmas to the end of February. Who's with me????? Wow, so not the direction I thought this post would go.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Oh I love this time of year too. I just wish it would never end.