Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Big Apple

We had a crazy weekend with an improptu trip to New York City. My mom called Thursday night and asked if Georgia and I wanted to go with her to New York City for a night. Who am I to refuse a trip to the City? Mom made arrangements with Papa for Hughie (they did a lot of male bonding), got tickets to see the Little Mermaid on broadway and I got us TWO hotel rooms in the theater district for the price of one (thank you priceline). After cutting all of my hair off in the morning (pictures to come), we jumped on a train and were off. We were lucky and got a GORGEOUS weekend to walk around the City. The Little Mermaid was wonderful, as I'm sure you can imagine. Georgia about had a heart attack at intermission because she thought the show was over and PRINCE ERIC AND ARIEL DID NOT GET MARRIED!!!!!! After the show we had some crepes for dessert and met up with Bil. Unfortunately, we were all very tired, so we said good night to Bil and went to bed. After a some shopping in the morning we headed back home to REST.

On Sunday, Betsy came down from Buffalo to visit with us. We spent the whole day doing nothing except playing with the kids and chatting. It was heaven, as Betsy would say. For dinner, we went to my parents house for steaks and corn on the cob. When we got to York, Hughie started chanting, "Papa, Papa, Papa." It was interesting that he somehow knew where we were going. I hope we get to see Betsy again soon! She's invited us to Canada to visit, so now Georgia keeps telling me she wants to go to Betsy's beach in Canada.

No comments: