Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rocking Out to Sugarland

So my BFF Bogie leaves a message on my phone this past week that I found to be especially amusing. She says,"Hey Amber, I just got the new Sugarland CD. I'm listening to it in my car and I thought of you. I'm thinking we should be driving somewhere together, jamming out. Because we have so much free time and all, to just drive around in cars and listen to music."

What DID we do with all that free time B.C. (before children)? Bogie, remember that trip we took from Carlisle to State College on that gorgeous fall day? Remember we got lost in Perry County and even though we could hear the theme from 'Deliverance' starting to play in the background, we didn't have a care in the world? There were no time constraints or agendas?

Now, imagine getting lost in Perry County with a screaming child in a poopy diaper, your DVD player is busted, you have another child whining "WHERE IS MY MOVIE! WHERE IS MY MOVIE! WHERE IS MY MOVIE!" and you are an hour late for an important in-law function? Doesn't quite have the same allure.

BTW: LOVING the new Sugarland CD.

No comments: