Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Gym Boyfriend

So there's this guy at the gym who is my pretend gym boyfriend. Everyone knows I'm (happily) married with kids, but this guy doesn't seem to care and flirts with me anyway. He has the body of a 6'5" greek god, so who am I to complain? Anywho, he's a boxer and took over teaching my boxing class when I retired after giving birth to Hughie and blowing up like a balloon. I've been trying to get the weight off (like, really, really, really, sincerely trying) and my success has been SUPER SLOW. It seems like everyone else can skip a meal and lose ten pounds, meanwhile my fat seems absolutely desperate to cling to my thighs. I was discussing this matter with another girl in my class who has also experienced the evil depo shot. She claims that it took her THREE YEARS to get back to a normal weight. THREE. Not 6 months, not 1 year, but THREE YEARS of regular exercise and good eating. And she's an athlete/fitness instructor. This scares me. So what does my gym boyfriend say to console me? "You used to look good before baby!" (He's from the Ukraine and his English is a smidge broken, think Dr. Kovatch from E.R., but not as smart). Thanks, babe. When I told Chris later what he said the a-hole laughed.

And just so you know, I took my boyfriend through my ab workout after class (because it's bad ass) and he couldn't begin to keep up. His six pack has NOTHING on my baby flab abs.

No comments: