Thursday, October 23, 2008

Toddler Communication

I'm really starting to be able to see Hughie's frustration with communication that begins at his age. There's a lot of pointing and crying, but he does seem to be improving a bit. A few days ago I heard Hughie passing gas (rather explosively). Soon after, he came up to me and said, "go POOPY!!" I responded with, "do you want your diaper changed?" He nodded his head and said, "um hmm." It was just a simple thing, but I was really amazed that he was able communicate with me so effectively! His favorite words this week are "hug" (accompanied by big outstretched arms) and "outside." And as much as I adore my children, I will be so grateful to get back into my bedroom on the main floor. I don't think I've slept more than a few hours in a row since this renovation project has started. Hughie cries most nights for a bit (and goes back to sleep), Georgia is plagued with monsters and Chris snores. I think a nice padded, soundproof chamber would be heaven right now.

We have a really exciting fall weekend planned if the weather holds. Tomorrow we are going on a hayride/bonfire s'mores extravaganza, Saturday we have a pumpkin carving party and Sunday is the Halloween parade. Yee-haw!

No comments: