Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another great fall weekend . . .

We had another busy, but fabulous weekend. On Friday night we had our hayride and it was a blast despite the fact that it took me 50 minutes to get to Funk's Farm (normal time 15 minutes)and the fact that I organized the hayride and was the LAST person to arrive (10 minutes late). The weather was perfect and no small children were impaled on the giant roasting skewers, so I view that as a win/win. I was smart this year and brought glow necklaces so we could see the kids running in the dark. One very entrepreneurial youngster (KIMON) even tried to sell the necklaces and bracelets he had acquired for a dollar each! Ha! And a big thanks to Papa for watching Hughie for me and introducing Georgia to female pirate heroines. He got us sucked into this pirate movie starting Geena Davis and now Georgia wants to be a girl pirate. Well, at least it's not Ariel, right?








Saturday was the pumpkin party at the Dietrich's. The weather was horrible, but we managed to have fun and stuff ourselves with chili and apple pie. I made my "famous" apple pie for the apple pie contest and it was gorgeous, but somehow my tweaking of the recipe resulted in apple pie soup. I still managed to win the taste portion of the competition, but I placed second in presentation due to the soup factor. Have no worries, a turkey baster saved the day and the pie was still really yummy (and eaten).







Sunday was the York Halloween parade and the kids loved it. Nothing like marching bands, monster floats and free candy to really bring on the holiday spirit! Hughie insisted on wearing my bat headband for the parade.







The bathrooms are almost finished. Jerry is grouting the tile, finishing the wainscoting and framing the windows this week. He claims by next week they will be completely finished! Chris has the pleasure of painting everything, so he's been priming this weekend.Here's a preview (and no, that's not a bar it's the shower wall, the rest will be glass).



1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Wow you organized the whole hay ride. It looks like fun and I enjoyed the pic of your Mom and sis.