Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flying Solo to Florida

I survived! Flying by myself with G-Ro and Hugh wasn't that bad. Hughie got a bit restless on the second leg and then promptly fell asleep during the landing, but we actually got compliments from nearby passsengers! Logistically Hughie falling asleep made it a bit hard to exit the plane. I had Hughie in my arms, a huge diaper bag hiked onto my shoulder, G-Ro in front and then I had to get the stroller open. Luckily a super-nice airport worker got the stroller open, but Hughie promtly awoke and screamed when I tried to put him in. Why can't I have kids that sleep in strollers like everyone else? Regardless, it was a very painless trip, all things considering. Hughie was diagnosed with his 12th ear infection right before we left, but I think we got things cleared up enough for the plane ride. It wouldn't feel right if I were in Florida and NOT administering antibiotics, now would it? I was trying to count how many doses I've administered now and I think I'm somewhere in the three hundreds. It's hard to calculate, exactly, because Omnicef is one time a day and Augmentin is two. Good times.

Note to traveling Moms: ALWAYS HAVE A FEW CANS OF PLAYDOH WITH YOU. One of my biggest regrets as a mother of young children is that I didnn't think to throw playdoh in the diaper bag until this trip.

The weather has been perfect and we've been enjoying the beach and pool quite a bit. We're heading to Disney's Animal Kingdom on Wednesday and I can't wait. I've never been there!

The view at breakfast this morning:








1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Looks like a wonderful visit!