Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged on Facebook to post 25 random things about myself, so I thought I would share it here so that those dinosaurs out there reading this who are NOT on facebook (Erin, I'm looking at you)can learn more about than they probably wanted to know. ;)


25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I would rather forgo food than my twice monthly cleaning lady. She is a very important part of my sanity.
2. My family had five and almost SIX generations alive at one time. My cousin had a baby a mere three years after her great-great grandmother (my great grandmother) died. That would have been a world record for sure. Who has a living great-great-great grandmother?!?
3. I absolutely love to dance, but I have serious insecurity issues after finding out that some really mean girls in college used to make fun of me behind my back.
4. Speaking of dancing, I took ballet for 12 years and was on pointe for 3.
5. One of my biggest regrets in life is giving up on the viola in high school. I really wish I would have stuck with an instrument.
6. I took German in high school rather than Spanish and my dad will NEVER LET ME FORGET it. It was a foolish decision, for sure, (and perhaps my second biggest regret) but every time we're traveling an run into some Germans he forces me to conversate.
7. I met my husband on a blind date. When I saw his Elvis pork-chop sideburns I wasn't so sure, but the rest is history.
8. I used to share an office wall with a lawyer who had CRAZY loud after hours "relations." One time I heard him comment that they were out of wipes (TMI gross, I know), so I anonymously sent a package over to him the next day.
9. My favorite part of the day is when Georgia and Hugh climb into bed with us and watch cartoons in the morning.
10. I have a really, really mean right hook.
11. I am a skin/body product junkie.
12. I have tattooed eyeliner (and actually need it touched up). One of the best purchases I've ever made! Tattoo needle to the eyelid, however, not so fun.
13. I absolutely love Howard Stern.
14. I need about 9 hours of sleep at night. I truly wish I was one of those people (like my husband) who can pop out of bed after 6 hours of sleep and have a productive day!
15. I make a really good chicken tortilla soup and salsa.
16. I have a package of cake mix and tub of frosting in my pantry AT ALL TIMES. You never know when you'll need to whip up a batch of cupcakes. I also have at least 20 different kind of cookies/cupcake sprinkles.
17. If I had to pick a favorite thing in the world to eat it would have to be strawberries with either brown sugar or dipped in any kind of chocolate (black or white, I don't discriminate).
18. I've always wanted to adopt a baby. Way before Brangelina, even.
19. I am one of five very dysfunctional siblings! But we all love each other.
20. I once lost my license for going 104 in a 55 MPH zone.
21. I was the "pledge mama" for my sorority (Chi Omega) in college.
22. Between my two children, we've suffered through 30 double ear infections, 4 sets of ear tubes, over 350 doses of antibiotics and all the other fun stuff involved with chronic ear infections!
23. I thought of myself as an exceptionally patient person before I had children. Now I lose my sh** at least once a day.
24. I won a "tiny hiney" contest during Senior Week at Myrtle Beach in college ($500!). I was the only girl involved in the contest who did NOT show skin. Anyone whose seen me naked recently will truly appreciate the humor in my having won that contest all those years ago.
25. The only time I've ever consistently cooked "real" meals was in law school in our "cooking club." I miss those times so much, not to mention having someone too cook for other than a couple of kids and a husband who's never home for dinner! Beth and Jen are the only people who think I'm a good cook.

No comments: