Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How many days until Christmas, Mommy?

Yes, that is the first question that Georgia asks me every morning now that Christmas decorations are. I decided that after Thanksgiving we would make a paper ring chain with the number of days left until Christmas so that Georgia has a visual and will stop asking me!! As annoying as the question is, I know that for my sweet little four year old this season holds an unlimited amount of wonder and excitement. She literally squeals with glee every time we walk into a store and she sees Christmas decorations. "Mommy, it's CHRISTMAS!!!"

Hughie is transitioning into tantrum mode. It's rare that we have a diaper change or clothes change without some protest. This morning in my office when Hughie got his treat (a mini Krackel bar) he screamed and cried when I handed him the candy. How dare I unwrap it when HE wanted to? It's alot easier this time around though because I know what to expect. That and the fact that Hughie is a million times easier going than Georgia. When he throws a fit I remind him that he's got NOTHING on his sister. ;)

Hughie's new favorite word is, "Ruby." We watch an episode of 'Max and Ruby' before bed. So when we head upstairs to watch it after bath - Hugh points to the tv and says, "Ruby!!" Ruby also happens to be my grandmother's name, so I love to hear him say it.

And let me just say again that DVR is the best thing that has ever happened to television. I really hate commercials and being able to skim right over them is heaven. That and the fact that we can watch DIFFERENT episodes of 'Max and Ruby' and not the same one over and over and over on demand. Sigh.

No comments: