Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008

On Friday evening after visiting Daddy at work (so the ladies in the athletic department could make a fuss over my little Halloween Princess Witch and L'il Frankie), we headed to Riley's house for some pizza and trick or treat. The girls were pretty much pros with their candy collection techniques, but Hughie had some learning to do. At first he was confused, but that didn't last long. By the third house he was sprinting to the door with his hand outstretched. We did coax him to say, "Ti oh tee" a couple of times and it was quite adorable. he still can't say thank you, but he signed it. We then spent the rest of the weekend gorging on candy like the rest of America. Ugh. I brought the rest into work with me today!

And now that she is "officially" 12 weeks, I would like to announce that my sister-in-law Andrea is pregnant! And Andrea's due date is May 17th, so she's planning to schedule a c-section on May 19th, a VERY SPECIAL DAY! That would make three generations of Anstines with that birthday (me, dad and baby Anstine)!! Cool, huh? Let's just hope that baby cooperates and doesn't try to sneak out early.

With the good news is the bad. Mom-mom (my mom's mom) fell and broke her hip last week. She made it through hip surgery today, so keep her in your prayers. The statistics for 87 year olds recovering from broken hips are not good. :(

And the bathroom will probably be finished THIS WEEK. I picked a color, Tranquility by Benjamin Moore (blue/green/gray) and it rocks my world. Chris put it on over the weekend and it's perfect! "We" (read: Chris) still have to rip up carpet, refinish the hardwood floors and paint the bedroom, closet and powder room, but I'm sincerely hoping that we are back in our own room by the end of this month. I can't wait!

No comments: