Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I cannot believe it's November. October seems to have passed in the blink of an eye!!! And I'm so sad because it's my favorite month of the year. Screw you Mother Nature and all of your RAIN!!

We had lots of fun attending different Halloween events. The kids were with Daddy for trick-or-treating, so I didn't get to do that this year, but I did buy a new house!! I'd been looking casually for a few months just to get a feel for some different neighborhoods, etc. And then a few weeks ago the perfect house went up for sale. It's a rancher that's about 2 minutes from my parents, in a great neighborhood and right around the corner from a really nice park. We're closing in a few weeks and then I'm going to spruce up the kitchen, paint and put in some new carpet. I'm hoping we're moved in by the new year. Now if I could just sell my house in Lancaster . . .

We've had a bit of a rough weekend. Mimi fell while taking Hughie down some steps. She sacrificed herself for Hughie and went down hard on her face. She smashed up her glasses and cracked her head. She's fine now, just sore and looks a lot like Rocky at the end of Rocky IV. Just in time for our trip to Florida!! And Dale is in surgery as I write. He's getting a new knee, so a prayer for him will be appreciated as well.

And just so everyone can be REALLY jealous, I'm heading to Maui when we get back from Florida. I've never been there, but I've heard it is GORGEOUS and I'm excited to have some down time and to see Keoni. And this will be the first time I get to show off the new girls in a bathing suit! ;)




No comments: