Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An Ugly Fall Weekend

It's always a bummer this time of year when it rains all weekend. There are so many fun things to do outside! Georgia had a really cool Girl Scout field trip planned, complete with hayride and spple cider, but it was cancelled. However, we managed to have a really nice, relaxing weekend despite the yucky weather. We carved pumkins to make jack-o-lanterns(I will post photos eventually), roasted the seeds, made Halloween cupcakes, made chicken veggie soup and we roasted marshmallows. And living in a house with an indoor pool makes life much easier, as well! We've gone swimming at least every other day the past couple of weeks. And when I say "swimming," I mean that then kids are in the pool burning theior manic enegery and Mommy is relaxing in the hot tub. I'm finally at a place after 5 years where both of my kids can swim without me holding on to them. Hughie's in a swim vest, but he gets around really well. He's a strong little swimmer!

We're heading down to Florida in a few weeks to greet Josh's beautiful new Brazilian bride as she enters the States. The kids are very excited to see Uncle Josh. They ask about him constantly! And I have a feeling they will love Patricia too, as long as they're not too jealous. ;)

And I'm finally going to post some pics that Emily took when she was here visiting me a few weeks ago. We had such an amazing time and she is such an amazing talent behind a camera. Enjoy!




1 comment:

betsy said...

They are gorgeous!! oh my gosh!!!