Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hughie's Vocab

The last few weeks of Hughie's growing vocabulary have been amazing! All of a sudden it seems he's fully verbal. He's been saying things like "imagination" "emergency" and "delicious." He's also got such a sweet temperament. When I picked him up from daycare one day last week he said, "I MISSED you Mommy!!" It made my heart melt. This morning he said, "Papa's tractor is BROKEN. He needs to fix it!"

And Georgia is still adjusting to our new routine. Right now she's super-jealous of Hughie. I make a conscious effort to show affection equally, but Georgia will still say that I love Hughie more. I know she's really insecure right now, so it makes me especially sad. And this morning she was insisting that she didn't want to go to school. She screamed and bawled the whole way to school. Not sure what's going on with that. I asked her is she likes her teacher. Yes. I asked her if the other kids are nice to her. Yes. I ask her if she's afraid to ride the bus? No. So I'm not sure what the issue is other than she doesn't want to be separated from me.

We are all excited for the York Fair which starts this weekend. I think Hughie will really like it this year, especially the tractors and animals. Personally, I am looking forward to the food!

No comments: