Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baseball

Hughie is obsessed with all sports, but right now he is particularly enamored with baseball. Since we've moved back to York with Mimi we go to watch our local team, the York Revolution, frequently. My parents have housed one of the Revs, Keoni, for 3 years now and Hughie LOVES Keoni. Recently Hughie acquired a Revs jersey and baseball cap. He wore them to a game and kept asking me for a baseball. He knew that if he had the hat and jersey, he should have a ball. I guess Keoni is a mindreader because he summoned us to the dugout to give Hugh his first real game ball, with dirt fresh off the infield. I thought Hughie's head was going to explode with excitement! He actually slept with the ball in the his crib for several nights after that. Last week, Hughie decided that he would pair his jersey and cap with one of my black stilettos and came clomping into the kitchen with it on. It was quite amusing. (Look closely at the picture below with Keoni, Hugh and my shoe.)

No comments: