Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm so proud of my son!

Hughie's teacher took me aside today to tell me that Hughie is her special helper. There is a little boy in his class named Alex who has Downs and apparently Hughie goes out of his way to help Alex get around the class and participate in activities. He recognizes that Alex needs a little help and doesn't hesitate to give it. I can't think of anything else in the world that his teacher could have shared with me this morning that would make me more proud. And yes, I cried. Shocking.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I know just how you feel. Becca's teacher's told me something similar about her and I don't think I have ever had a prouder moment.

betsy said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sweet! He has his mommy's heart. Perhaps your child helping a special needs child is why you have always felt you would have a special needs child.