Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday visiting with both families. We hit Bellefonte first and I thought that I would earn some in-law points and take up a dozen Maple Donuts. YUM. So, I take Hughie and we carefully pick out 13 donuts and have them packaged up. I get out to the car, put the donuts on the roof of the car, put my coffee in the cup holder, put Hughie in his seat and settle in for the rest of my road trip. If you're doing the math there, you will realize that I never put the donuts in the car. They are somwhere on route 83 feeding a family of hungry deer. The worst part was that I didn't even realize that I had FORGOTTEN to put the donuts in the car until about an hour later. I'm telling Chris about all my delicious selections and it hits me that the box is not in the car. Sorry, Erin!!!

At Mimi's house we ate Thanksgiving dinner with most of the F&M basketball team. They had to practice on Thanksgiving this year, so some of them missed their family feasts. Not to worry says Roxie, I can cook for 15 hungry college boys (averaging about 6'3"). And she did. We had fun painting Christmas ornaments and decorating gingerbread cookies. I have so much for which to be thankful.





No comments: