Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The big 35

My 35th birthday was a really, really good one! My week started with an amazing birthday dinner made by Chuck, followed by chocolate covered strawberries (hand dipped by Chuck and Hughie), my favorite dessert, and a bouquet of lillies, my favorite flowers. So thoughtful and sweet.

And then there was Alan Jackson. Mark thoughtfully coordinated a "girls night out" for me and Jen in State College, complete with an Alan Jackson concert. We watched the first two acts and then were approached by a man with two front row tickets. Yes, we got the hot chick upgrade. And then I say upgrade, I mean that we had the two seats directly in front of Alan's microphone. It was absolutely insane. There was a whole of row of young girls in hot pants, but we were the ONLY ones who knew all the words to all of the songs. Not sure why that guy picked us, but I'm glad he did. It was definitely the best birthday present EVER. So thanks to Mark and his incentive to get us out of the house!!!









No comments: