Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Hope You Dance

I know I haven't been updating much lately, but we are so busy! The kids have been doing and saying so many funny things, I wanted to take a moment to get a few in the blog. Hughie recently asked me, "Mommy, are you mad at me or happy at me?" And I think he tells me that he loves me at leat three times a day. Every morning (these days it's been about 5:30), Hugh crawls into bed with me, wraps his arms around my neck and whispers, "Mommy, I love you. It's morning time, wake up." He's so sweet I ALMOST don't mind that he's waking me at 5:30. This morning I had Hughie snuggled up on one side and Georgia on the other. I thought to myself, this is one of the best moments of my life and I wish I could stay in it forever! i don't want my babies to grow up. :(

Georgia has been such a gem lately. She is so loving and sweet. She's gone to the office with me several afternoons now and she colors quietly or naps while I work! You wouldn't even know she is there, unless she's getting something for me from the printer or taking a file to the judge. This week she drew me the sweetest picture of the earth, with a heart in the middle and me, Hughie and Georgia holding hands on top. Then she wrote, "YOU ARE THE BEST MOMMY IN THE WHOLE WORLD." I just can't express how full my heart is these days. We celebrated her 6th Birthday in full pool party luau style and she had a blast. I really can't believe that my baby is 6! And so tall and lanky. She needs a size 7/8 for length, but then the waist doesn't fit. So, I'm grateful it's summer and she can wear her size 4/5 skirts and shorts. :)

And Mimi and Papa have finally returned from Florida! It's such a relief to know that they are near by once again. Josh and Patricia are returning in a few weeks so that Josh can study for the PA bar. Patricia will be living with me and the kids during the week to nanny for us. She's hoping that the kids will help to teach her English! And I hope she teaches them some Portugese. I think she will help take some of the pressure off my schedule for a few months.




No comments: